Recipes & Cooking
Deliciously simple recipes from Anthony's. The American Classic Pasta.
Fresh Spinach Pesto Pasta
Classic pesto is made with basil. But in this rendition, spinach brings out a deep green color and layers in a mild spinach flavor. Added vitamin K is packed into this pasta, as well. The sauce can be tossed with every pasta imaginable!
- 8 ounces Anthony's Angel Hair
- 2 cups torn spinach leaves, tightly packed
- 2 cups parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried basil or 3 tablespoons fresh basil leaves
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Blend spinach in a food processor or blender until finely chopped. Add parsley and basil; process until smooth. Add garlic, walnuts and Parmesan; process until smooth. With processor running, gradually pour in oil until blended.
- Toss with pasta. Add salt to taste.