Recipes & Cooking
Deliciously simple recipes from Anthony's. The American Classic Pasta.
Baked Macaroni with Double Cheese
Make a decadent macaroni and cheese easily with the addition of Cheddar and Swiss. Twice the cheese makes it perfect for special occasions!
- 16 ounces Anthony's Elbows
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups milk
- 2 (8 ounce) cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (4 ounce) cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, optional
- Preheat oven to 375
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in large saucepan, over medium heat, melt margarine; stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Cook and stire until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese; stir until melted.
- Stir in pasta.
- Spoon half of pasta mixture into a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish, top with Swiss cheese, remaining pasta mixture then remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Optional: Sprinkle bread crumbs on top before baking.